Over $13,000 in Scholarships!
Miss America qualified judges will select winners on the following criteria:
• Interview • Formal Wear • Talent • Swimsuit
Winner will receive:
• $5,000 Scholarship (college of choice)
• $5,000 Palm Beach Atlantic Scholarship
• $1,000 Cash and other prizes
• Entry into the Miss Florida Pageant 2018
• Official Miss America Crown & Trophy
How to Become a Contestant:
You have ideas and plans and goals – so much to offer the world – but how? Each year young women JUST LIKE YOU choose to compete in the Miss America System for a variety of reasons. Participation in the Miss America program not only helps young women pay for college and prepare for their careers, it also provides an opportunity for them to gain additional life experiences that include volunteerism and philanthropy.
Nationwide, participants volunteer over 500,000 hours annually and raise tens of thousands of dollars for local and national charitable organizations. To become Miss America, a contestant must first win a local competition like the Miss South Florida Fair Scholarship Pageant, and then compete to represent her state at the Miss Florida Pageant.
We will be awarding over $13,000 in scholarships at our pageant which will be held Saturday, January 13, 2018. There is no cost to compete in our program…all you need is commitment, perseverance, talent and ambition!
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM MARY SULLIVAN
Executive Director and President of the Miss Florida Scholarship Pageant.
The Miss America Organization has announced that there have been some changes in the age requirements for all Preliminary Pageants in the Miss American System.The age has been increased to 18 - 25 years old.This means that a Miss Contestant MUST be at least 18 years of age at the time they enter their first Preliminary Pageant and CANNOT be any older than 25 years old when she competes in the National Miss America Pageant in September.
In order to be a Contestant in the Miss South Florida Fair Scholarship Pageant on January 13, 2018, you must have been born between 09/01/1993 and 01/13/2000.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
To compete in the Miss South Florida Fair Scholarship Pageant, you must:
• Be between the ages of 18 and 25 (Born between 09/01/1993 and 01/13/2000)
• Be a citizen of the United States.
• Be a resident or student residing in one of the following counties: Broward, Hendry, Martin, Okeechobee and Palm Beach.
• Be a high school senior or graduate, or have successfully received a GED.
• Must have a talent and be an amateur and not under contract with any talent agency or professional agent.
• Must never have been married or had a marriage annulled, never have been pregnant, and cannot be the adoptive parent of any child.
We look forward to having you as part of our program!
How To Apply:
Sorry, the deadline to apply expired at 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, November 1, 2017.
For more information, contact:
Theresa LePore, Executive Director
Miss South Florida Fair Scholarship Pageant
Lisa Dudding, Entertainment Coordinator