Local and regional entertainment to be featured at South Florida Fair
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — Not only can fairgoers enjoy their favorite fair foods and rides, they also will have many opportunities to be entertained by a number of local and regional bands at the South Florida Fair, May 7-23, 9067 Southern Blvd.
Coca-Cola Stage (headliners in bold)
Friday, May 14
• 7:30 p.m. – Passafire – A band that formed in Savannah, GA and is part of the U.S. reggae scene.
Saturday, May 15
• 11 a.m. – The Latin Ensemble – An international award-winning Latin band located in Boynton Beach and Tenerife, Spain.
• 7:30 p.m. – Love and Theft – Longtime friends and bandmates Stephen Barker Liles and Eric Gunderson launched with the number 1 country smash “Angel Eyes” and top 10 hit “Runaway.”
Sunday, May 16
• 11 a.m. – Allegra Miles – Singer/songwriter based in West Palm Beach who was a semi-finalist on NBC’s “The Voice,” season 18, finishing in the top 9.
• 7:30 p.m. – The Band Roland – Led by Josh René, a South Florida musician who has been playing music for over 15 years.
Saturday, May 22
• 11 a.m. – Ricky Valido, a unique country music songwriter and performer with Cuban American roots.
• 7:30 p.m. – Ryan Montgomery, who was just out of high school when he decided to park his truck in the middle of thousands of country music fans and perform right off the back of his tailgate outside the Amphitheater in his hometown of West Palm Beach. Just two years later, he performed on the main stage at one of South Florida’s largest country music festivals inside that very same amphitheater.
Friday, May 7 and 21
• 11 a.m. – Bob Hoose & His Orchestra: A Tribute to Sinatra - Bob Hoose has quickly become one of the top vocalists in the country today and has been wowing crowds of thousands along the East Coast and throughout the country for years with his strong vocal ability and natural talent.
• 7:30 p.m. – N2Nation: Motown & More! A high energy, audience participation show that takes audiences back to some of the greatest memories of the Motown magic.
Tuesday, May 11, 7:30 p.m. – Never Stop Believin’
Never Stop Believin’ has been rocking stages all over the U.S. and beyond since its inception in 2008 and is recognized by many venues to be the premier Journey tribute band.
Wednesday, May 12, 7:30 p.m. – ZZ’s Best
ZZ’s Best has been a project in the works for many years. The band originally started out as just another cover band playing the Southwest Florida scene but soon after opened for major groups, including Styx, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Mountain, Greg Allman, Rick Derringer, Grand Funk Railroad and Edgar Winter.
Friday, May 14, 11 a.m. – Across The Universe
The ultimate Beatles tribute band is comprised of professional studio and touring musicians who bring the music of The Beatles and their solo careers to life on stage with an accuracy and attention to detail that has been described by audiences as “incredible.”
Tuesday, May 18, 7:30 p.m. – Smokin’: A Tribute To Boston
This tribute band will take audiences back in time through Boston’s favorite songs including such hits as “More Than A Feeling,” “Amanda,” and the flat-out rockin “Smokin.’”
Wednesday, May 19, 7:30 p.m. – Touch & Go – The Ultimate Cars Tribute
Packing a full two hour set of music spanning the entire Cars catalogue, audiences will be transported back in time to the late 70s and 80s, which is when this band first launched.
Thursday, May 20, 7:30 p.m. – Completely Unchained – Van Halen Tribute
This band is comprised of four talented and creative musicians that re-create the ultimate Van Halen production – the attitude, sounds, excitement, energy and most of all the fun that Van Halen produced as one of the best rock bands in the world.
Local bands that will be performing include Spred The Dub, Destiny Lopez, Joey Tenuto Jr., Jake Walden Band, Hot Sauce Moon, Fox Maple Band, Rogue Theory, Whisky Six, Quille Romero, Dennis Lee, Tom and Bonnie, Joey Calderaio, DJ Cole Rippe and The Hoodlums Company Crew. For a complete schedule and details, go to the fair’s website, www.southfloridafair.com.
Advance tickets and ride vouchers are only being sold online via the fair’s website, www.southfloridafair.com through May 6, 2021. Buying a ticket in advance allows for contactless admission and avoiding having to wait in line at the ticket booths. Guests with an advance ticket will show their barcode on their phone at the gate. Admission is free for children 10 and younger, in advance and at the gate. (Last year, it was 5 and younger.) Advance tickets are $10 for 11 years and older and may be used any day. Tickets at the gate will be $10, good Monday-Friday, and $20 on Saturday and Sunday.
About the South Florida Fair: The South Florida Fair is produced by the South Florida Fair & Palm Beach County Expositions, Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Located at 9067 Southern Boulevard in West Palm Beach, the 2021 South Florida Fair will be held May 7-23. For more information, call 561-793-0333