The South Florida Fair welcomes dancers ages 16-35 to be a part of the first ever South Florida Fair Dance Team under the direction of Kayla Cawley. We welcome all disciplines; moreover, experience in jazz, cheer, hip hop, and/or break dancing will be ideal.
• Dancers must be physically able to walk 2 miles without stopping
• Dancers must know the basics of dance (chassé, ball change, and Chaînés)
• Dancers must be able to kick at least waist high
• Bending and standing multiple times may be required
At least 1 year of dance experience is preferred
Dance Team Requirements:
Due to the wide age range allowed for the Dance Team, it is imperative all participants attend rehearsals. Rehearsals will start in October 2018. Upon approval, dates will be released.
Dancers must commit to at least four (4) parade performances. The South Florida Fair Dance Team will participate in the following parades:
• Friday, January 18 – 6:30 p.m.
• Sunday, January 20 – 1:00 p.m. – Mayors Parade
• Monday, January 21 – 6:30 p.m.
• Friday, January 25– 6:30 p.m.
• Sunday, January 27 - 1:00 p.m.
• Monday, January 28 - 6:30 p.m.
• Friday, February 1 – 6:30 p.m.
• Sunday, February 3 - 1:00 p.m.
As a participant, you will be expected to know your limits and verbally communicate those during rehearsals to allow for quick and efficient rehearsals. Dancers will be expected to stretch and warm up before rehearsals even though a stretch will be performed each time.
All rehearsals will take place at the Fairgrounds (9067 Southern Blvd., West Palm Beach, FL 33411) Enter Gate 10.
Refreshments will be provided.
All rehearsals are MANDATORY if you want to participate in the performances during the Fair.