Saturday, JANUARY 19, 2019
Come in your best cosplay costume and show off your stuff!
There will be no pre-judging. Contestants CAN enter in store bought or home made costumes (this will be taken into consideration during the judging process).
Awards will be given for the following Categories:
Best in Show: Award trophy
- Best Group: Award trophy
- Best Individual: Award trophy
1. One entry per person. No separate entries from the same person.
2. This contest is only open to ages 12 years and older.
3. There is a limit of 50 entries.
4. All costumes must represent a superhero from an established cartoon, comic book, tv show, or movie. CLICK HERE FOR SUGGESTED LIST OF SUPERHEROES.
No villains will be allowed to enter the contest.
5. All contestants must fill out the entry form.
6. All costumes must be PG-13 or less. No nudity or risqué costumes.
7. No harmful or potentially harmful materials will be allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: water, cigarettes, flames, fireworks, silly string, and any other substance that can be fired, launched, or dripped.
8. Contestants are prohibited from jumping or running off stage.
9. Contestants must adhere to the South Florida Fair Costume and Prop/Weapons Policy (See below)
You must pre-register and fully complete the registration form below in order to participate in the contest.
Again remember to keep things PG/PG-13. This is a competition based on performance and presentation. Contestants can enter as individuals or as a group and will be judged based on stage performance and costumes.
About the Rules:
One costume/entry per person. No separate entries from the same person. You may enter as a group entry, but you may not participate in multiple groups.
All attendees who enter any of the costume contests must have an admission ticket or badge. No exceptions.
All contestants must fill out the costume competition registration form below. On-site sign up will be at the table by the stage. We will stop taking entries 30 minutes prior to the start of the costume contest.
No nudity or risque costumes. If you wouldn’t want a potential employer (or your grandmother) to see you wear the costume then don’t.
Props will be allowed on stage, but please do not swing them around in a careless or dangerous manner. Your prop could potentially harm someone on stage or in the audience, and no one wants that to happen. Props will be permitted inside the Fairgrounds at the discretion of our security staff and PBSO deputies at entrance gates. You MUST read and agree to the Terms & Conditions in the form below.
No hazardous materials or any materials that will involve clean up or damage to the stage will be allowed. This includes any liquids, confetti, silly string, etc.
If you need music for your entry (again it must be PG or PG-13) then you will need to bring it on a usb thumb-drive in .mp3 format. If you require the use of the microphone please let the host know before coming up on stage.
Lineup and Roll Call will occur 30 minutes prior to the start of the Costume Contest. Please be aware that traffic gets heavy at times, so plan accordingly. On-site entries will be added if the pre-registrant is not present at the time of line up and roll call.
All awards will be presented at the Judges’ discretion. There may be more or less awards given than originally listed based on the amount and type of entries we receive.
When you arrive at the Fair, there will be a table located to the side of the Community Stage. This is where all questions regarding the competition can be answered, and where you will need to go to sign up and/or check in.
Who can enter?
All adults who have purchased an admission ticket to the South Florida Fair can enter this contest. Participants can enter as individuals or in groups.
How do I sign up for the contest?
There are two ways to register for the competition:
(1) Register Online below. This is the most preferred method.
You will receive an email confirmation with your contestant #. When you get to the show, you will need to sign in at the check-in table, located to the side of the Community Stage, where you will be given further instructions.
(2) Register On-Site. Show up to the contest location (Community Stage) at least 45 minutes before it starts to check in and get registered, so you can be ready for line up and roll call.
Everyone is invited to enter, and participation is FREE!
Entry Form is published below.