2023 Market Hog and Market Steer Project important dates:
October 1-30, 2022, is the youth market livestock entry time for the South Florida Fair. Entry deadline is midnight, October 30, 2022. No new entries will be accepted after midnight.
Exhibitors must pay for the online entry to request ear tag(s). Please do the entry for either Market Hog or Market Steer and the entries for record book, (it is mandatory) and showmanship (if exhibitors want to participate). Please upload all required information by November 5, 2023. If exhibitor chooses to not complete any section of the Record Book, judging points will be deducted and will be reflected in such points/placings/premiums.
Any questions, please contact the Fair’s Agricultural Office at (561) 790-5232 or email@example.com
Self-tagging Market Steers and Hogs an option again this year.
When tagging swine, please make the tag numbers visible on the backside of the ear. When tagging steers, make sure the tag is visible from the front.
Ear tags will be All Flex tags – please have access to an All Flex Tagger if opting for the Self-tagging option. No time extensions will be granted for not having a tagger.
On-site tag-in for steers and hogs is on October 29, 2022, hours are from 9-10 a.m.; exhibitors can bring market animal projects to the South Florida Fairgrounds for ear tag placement. Please enter through Gate 8 off Fairgrounds Road and Southern Boulevard.
- Notify the Ag office via email if you plan on coming to the onsite tagging at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exhibitor must be able to safely handle animal(s).
- Steers must be led into a squeeze chute.
- For safety and animal health reasons, hogs will only be tagged without personnel entering the inside hog transportation units i.e. trailers, poppers. Exhibitors or helpers must be able to direct the animal to the person tagging from outside the trailer.
For the 2023 South Florida Fair, market animal exhibitors must:
- Upload all required documents or face project disqualification by November 5, 2022. Exhibitors may combine all required documents into one (1) PDF.
- Provide two (2) photos of the animal project(s) – both sides of animal (show the ear tag and exhibitor in these photos)
- Send any additional photo(s) to meet the requirements.
- Provide a letter verifying exhibitor enrollment in a certified school program.
- Submit a single market auction sample buyer and thank you letter.
- Provide the market auction buyer list, containing at least five buyer names and complete addresses. A copy of the form is in the record book – see website.
- If exhibitor is a graduating senior this year, please notify email@example.com
For more information, please contact the Agribusiness & Community Relations Manager at (561) 790-5232 or firstname.lastname@example.org.