Market Hog and Market Steer Project (Self ear tagging) important dates:
Starting October 1, 2020, all South Florida Fair market animal project ear tags will be mailed. Exhibitors must complete the online entry to request ear tag(s).
On October 24, 2020, from 8-10 a.m., exhibitors can bring market animal projects to the Fairgrounds for ear tag placement. For the on-site tag-in,
- Must be able to handle animal(s).
- Steers must be led into a squeeze chute.
- For safety and animal health reasons, hogs will only be tagged without personnel entering the inside hog transportation units i.e. trailers, poppers. Exhibitors or helpers must be able to direct the animal to the person tagging from outside the trailer.
For the 2021 South Florida Fair, market animal exhibitors must:
- By October 26, 2020 upload all required documents or face project disqualification. Exhibitors may combine all required documents into one (1) PDF.
- Entry updates must include ear tag photos upon receipt of the tags.
- Submit required documents including:
- Two (2) photos of the animal project(s) – both sides of animal (show the ear tag and exhibitor in these photos)
- Send an additional photo(s) to meet the requirements.
- Provide GPA letter verifying 2.0 GPA or higher.
- Submit the market auction sample Buyer and sample Thank You letters.
- Provide the market auction Buyer List, containing at least five buyer names and complete addresses.
For more information, please contact the Fair’s Agricultural Office at 561-795-6419 or firstname.lastname@example.org.