2022 Market Hog and Market Steer Project important dates:
October 1 through 30, 2021, Exhibitors may sign up for the South Florida Fair market animal projects. Entry deadline is October 30, 2021 at midnight. No new entries will be accepted after midnight.
Exhibitors must pay for the online entry to request ear tag(s). Please do the entry for either Market Hog or Market Steer and the entries for record book, (it is mandatory) and showmanship (if you wish to participate). Please upload all required information by November 5, 2021 or face disqualification.
Any questions, please contact the Fair’s Agricultural Office at 561-795-6419 or email@example.com.
Self Tagging at home is an option again this year.
When tagging swine, please make the tag numbers visible on the backside of the ear. When tagging steers, make sure tag is visible from the front.
Ear tags will be All Flex tags – please have access to an All Flex Tagger if opting for the Self Tagging option. No time extensions will be granted for not having a tagger.
For the on-site tag-in on October 30, 2021, hours are from 9-11 a.m., exhibitors can bring market animal projects to the South Florida Fairgrounds for ear tag placement. Please enter through Gate 8 off Fairgrounds Road and Southern Boulevard.
- Notify Fair office via email if you plan on coming to the onsite tagging at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exhibitor must be able to safely handle animal(s).
- Steers must be led into a squeeze chute.
- For safety and animal health reasons, hogs will only be tagged without personnel entering the inside hog transportation units i.e. trailers, poppers. Exhibitors or helpers must be able to direct the animal to the person tagging from outside the trailer.
For the 2022 South Florida Fair, market animal exhibitors must:
- Upload all required documents or face project disqualification by November 5, 2021. Exhibitors may combine all required documents into one (1) PDF.
- Provide two (2) photos of the animal project(s) – both sides of animal (show the ear tag and exhibitor in these photos)
- Send any additional photo(s) to meet the requirements.
- Provide a letter verifying exhibitor enrollment in a certified school program.
- Submit a single market auction sample buyer and thank you letter.
- Provide the market auction buyer list, containing at least five buyer names and complete addresses. A copy of the form is in the record book – see website.
- If exhibitor is a graduating senior this year, please send an email to Tammy@Southfloridafair.com
For more information, please contact the Fair’s Agricultural Office at 561-795-6419 or email@example.com.