The annual Sweet Corn Fiesta, is a celebration of the sweet corn growing season buttered with a family festival of children’s games, music, a national eating competition and, oh yes, mouth-watering and locally grown sweet corn.
USUALLY HELD AT THE END OF APRIL EVERY YEAR, IT'S A celebration of Palm Beach County sweet corn spring growing season with those who make it happen!
The annual Sweet Corn Fiesta is an event of the Western Palm Beach County Farm Bureau, co-produced by the South Florida Fair and presented by the Florida Sweet Corn Exchange.
- A celebration of the growing season and a tribute to those who make it happen
- Children's rides, games and activities including face painting, bounce house and jump rope.
- Kids ride all day with wristband
- Fun for the entire family and live musical entertainment
- The world’s best Sweet Corn grown in Palm Beach County
- Old fashioned Bathing Suit competition starts at 1:00 P.M.
- Sweet Corn Shuckin’ Contest follows
- Kids’ contests begin at 1:45 P.M.
- International Corn Eating Contest featuring the International Federation of Competitive Eaters (as seen on ESPN) sponsored by Florida Sweet Corn Exchange
- The competition begins at approximately 3:00 P.M. Winner will take home $2,000 and the title of International Corn Eating Champion! Open to the public.
- A local Corn Eating Contest will also be held. Winner will receive $100. (Must be 18 or older to enter)
- Proceeds to agriculture education and Glades area food banks
- Adults, $8 ($7 advance); Children 6-11, $5, children 5 & under are admitted free.
- Unlimited rides wristband $5. Last day to purchase discount advance tickets is Saturday, April 23, 2016
Sponsorship opportunities available. Call 561-996-0343 for details.